NEXT FARM SALE – 24th November 2022
Whittaker & Biggs have been providing professional services to the Rural Sector across the Midlands and North West of England for over 80 years and we continue to provide clients with an unrivalled professional service. Our client base includes private individuals, limited companies, public bodies, institutions and charities.
As Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and members of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (CAAV) our Rural Professional Team have the knowledge and experience to assist you with any and all issues relating to your rural property.
Our range of services include:
- Agency: Sale, purchase and valuation of farms, land, rural residential properties, equestrian and commercial premises.
- Management: Letting of farms and land on both long term and seasonal arrangements including Farm Business Tenancies, Grass Lettings, and Contract Farming Arrangements.
- Valuations: Valuations for Secured lending, Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Matrimonial purposes, Annual Stocktaking purposes, Family Division and for purchase and sale
- Compulsory Purchase and Compensation: Road and railway schemes, (eg HS2) claims against statutory undertakers including water, gas, sewerage, and electricity
- Landlord and Tenant matters: Rent Reviews, Disputes, Tenancy Matters, under the 1986 Agricultural Holdings Act and 1995 Agricultural Tenancy Act.
- Government (DEFRA) and EU Schemes: Including Basic Payment Scheme, Stewardship Schemes, Rural Development Programme Schemes and Nitrate Vulnerable Zones
- Renewable Energy: Negotiating Options and Leases with Wind, Bio-fuel, Biomas, Water and Solar Energy Operators.
- Telecommunications Masts and Broadband Cables:Negotiating and giving advice on agreements with the operators.
- Sale and Purchase of Basic Payment Entitlements
- Rural Diversification: Grant Applications, Planning Issues, and general advice.
- Rural Planning and Development: Planning Applications
- Digital Mapping: Good quality and clear plans are often required in connection with property/ land transactions and we offer a tailored service to suit our client’s requirements.
Whittaker & Biggs have been successfully trading Basic Payment Scheme Entitlements since the market was first established in 2006 and we are one of the region's leading entitlement trading agents. Over the years we have built up strong relationships with agents all around the country and we are able to buy and sell entitlements for our clients at the best price possible.
Trading of Basic Payment Scheme Entitlements is expected to commence in January 2017 and we are currently in the process of compiling a list of those wishing to buy and sell entitlements for use in the 2017 Scheme Year, please contact us to discuss your requirements.